With code management in the cloud now, it has become possible to track your engineering team output. Many of the engineering leaders started moving from gut-feeling engineering management to data-driven engineering management. Git Analytics tools provide data-driven engineering leaders with answers to questions like ‘How can you tell which developer had the greatest impact last month? Was this sprint better than the previous? How can you tell? How many developers made progress in the past week? How do you know?’
Git Analytics tools, such as Waydev and Sourced, are an add-on to the current Agile methodology. These tools provide an overview regarding your engineers’ output and quantify it into real-time, actionable metrics that help you to spot issues timely, increase velocity, and measure development success directly from your git repositories.
If you are looking for a Sourced alternative that provides you with a balance of code-level metrics and code collaboration metrics, or want to switch to another Git Analytics tool for your company, you are in the right place. How are we better than Sourced?
- Sourced code collaboration metrics are reduced to the Time to Merge (the time it takes for a pull request to be merged). Waydev provides an array of actionable metrics for the submitters, reviewers, and the code collaboration activity as a whole. One example of an actionable metric is the Review Coverage. This will show you the percentage of pull requests that were merged only after being reviewed. A healthy code review workflow should have close to 100% Review Coverage.
- Sourced displays a code collaboration map. This will help you get a grip on the way your teams collaborate, but at a larger scale, the map will rather confuse users. Waydev provides a clear way of visualizing the collaboration workflow in a scalable manner.
- Sourced does not provide any code-level metrics. Waydev provides you with a bird’s eye view of code-level activity, individual and team code-level metrics to help you identify issues, benchmark performance, and recognize success.
Waydev also provides:
- Direct access to the founders;
- Features such as Dashboard, Time Card, Developer Summary, Compare Developer, Compare Teams and Weekly Reports;
- Pull requests activity overview and metrics;
- Unlimited users and teams;
- GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket and Azure DevOps integrations;
- Pay per active engineer;
- Flexible plans;
- On-Premise Installation;
- SAML Single Sign-on;
- API Integration.
Why are we providing this comparison?
We have noticed that since Sourced closed their app, their users are seeking an alternative that provides in-depth code-level metrics and code collaboration metrics, flexibility regarding the pricing plans and a dedicated account manager.
Waydev has a pay per active engineer option. Waydev doesn’t restrict users to pay a fixed amount of licenses more than the number of engineers tracked. We want you to use Waydev because it helps you, not because you are bound by contract. You can upgrade the number of licenses anytime.