With code management and project management in the cloud, it has become possible to track your engineering team output. Many of the engineering leaders started moving from gut-feeling engineering management to data-driven engineering management. Git Analytics tools provide data-driven engineering leaders with answers to questions like ‘How can you tell which developer had the greatest impact last month? Was this sprint better than the previous? How can you tell? How many developers made progress in the past week? How do you know?’
Git Analytics tools, such as Waydev and Allstacks, act as an add-on to the current Agile methodology. These tools provide an overview regarding your engineers’ output and collaboration and quantify it into real-time, actionable metrics that help you to spot issues timely, increase velocity, and measure development success directly from your git repositories.
If you are looking for an alternative to Allstacks that provides you with metrics oriented towards code and code collaboration, or want to move to another Git Analytics tool for your company, you are in the right place. How are we better than Allstacks?
- Waydev provides you with individual and team code-level metrics to help you surface issues, track progress, benchmark performance, and recognize success. Allstacks does not offer any code-level metrics.
- Waydev provides an array of actionable metrics for the submitters, reviewers, and the code collaboration activity as a whole. An example of Waydev’s code collaboration activity metrics is the Review Coverage. This will help you understand the health of your teams’ code review workflow. This is the percentage of pull requests merged only after being reviewed. A healthy code review workflow tends to a 100% Review Coverage. Allstacks code collaboration metrics are reduced to forecasts, burndown charts variations, story points, and cycle times.
- Waydev provides concrete use-cases for each feature. Waydev helps you with one-on-ones, daily stand-ups, reports, and code review workflow.
Waydev also provides:
- Direct access to the founders;
- Features such as Dashboard, Time Card, Developer Summary, Compare Developer, Compare Teams and Weekly Reports;
- Pull requests activity overview and metrics;
- Unlimited users and teams;
GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, and Azure DevOps integrations;
- Pay per active engineer;
- Flexible plans;
- On-Premise Installation;
- SAML Single Sign-on;
- API Integration.
Why are we providing this comparison?
We have noticed that more users are looking to switch from Allstacks, seeking an alternative that provides in-depth code-level and code collaboration metrics, concrete use-cases, flexibility regarding the pricing plans, and a dedicated account manager.
Waydev has a pay per active engineer option. Waydev doesn’t restrict users to pay a fixed amount of licenses more than the number of engineers tracked. We want you to use Waydev because it helps you, not because you are bound by contract. You can upgrade the number of licenses anytime.