I built my first app back in 2007, and since then, I’ve created and launched tens of products. I’ve worked with engineers all my life, but all that time, I was frustrated not knowing why we were missing deadlines? Why we can’t be data-driven? Why we don’t use a tool for software development like Google Analytics is for website traffic.
You can study the code, but who can spend hours to look at the code? you are asking questions and following your intuition, and in most cases, you are dead wrong. Your gut is helping, but not all the time 🙁
Without real data, you can’t take any decision. Fortunately, because most of the engineers’ work is in Git (GitHub, Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, GitLab) we’ve found the solution tracking their Git activity. We’ve built Waydev, a tool with which you can track real data from your engineers, without their input with the mission to help the community of engineering managers worldwide ?
Waydev brings everything you need to track your engineering team:
- Work Log – Check the output for each commit or merge, daily.
- Daily Update – Check your daily impact, compared with the last week impact.
- Time Card – check most frequent hours with commits, for the whole project and each engineer.
- Developer Summary – Check specific stats for each engineer: impact, throughput, productive throughput, efficiency, technical debt, days active, work type, commit risk and history for all commits.
- Project timeline – Check complex stats for the project: work volume per total impact, code volume, commits volume, commits per active day, work trends: absolute, relative, stacked and top performers for each metric: new work, churn, legacy refactor & help others.
- Retrospective – Check how much of your code was productive and how much was churn.
- Dashboard – Compare your metrics for total impact, code volume, commits volume, commits per active day with the industry standard.
We’re integrated with GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, Azure DevOps.